For Environmental and Dining Services job opportunities click HERE.
Current paid staff positions include:
Unit Assistant (Full & Part Time)
Masonic Pathways is in search of a motivated team player that can assist our residents with great care. A Unit Assistant assists a Certified Nursing Assistant in the day to day functions of the unit. This can include non-direct resident care as well as resident assistance.
Job Responsibilities consist of:
- Daily housekeeping to maintain a safe and clean environment throughout the assigned area
- Assist in emptying linen carts, stocking gloves and dining rooms, and cleaning utility rooms
- Assist residents with passing water, passing supplements, changing oxygen tubing, transporting residents to dining room and unit activities
- Responds to call lights and relays all resident direct care requests to Certified Nursing Assistant or staff nurse
- Accompanies independent residents on walks within the facility
A Unit Assistant must be able to work independently and have a customer service attitude. There is no prior experience or education needed for this position. A high school diploma or GED preferred. Interested applicants may apply online by October 30, 2017.
Part Time LPN Restorative Coordinator
Masonic Pathways is accepting applications for a part time LPN Restorative Coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to plan, develop, and maintain restorative and coordinate programs with rehabilitation services under the direction of the Associate Director of Preventative Health in accordance with federal, state and local standards in compliance with licensing and accreditation agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include some of the following:
- Evaluates and monitors residents restorative needs.
- Develops, administers and evaluates Restorative policies and procedures in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the facility, quality improvement standards, federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Prepares, monitors and evaluates departmental programs.
- Represents the Restorative Nursing Program to families, physicians and other individuals involved in resident cares.
A qualified applicant must be currently licensed as a LPN in the State of Michigan.
Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in restorative/rehabilitation care with three years of geriatric experience preferred. Interested candidates may apply online at masonicpathways.com or at the front desk by October 23, 2017.
Associate Director of Clinical Assessments
Masonic Pathways is seeking an Associate Director of Clinical Assessments. This individual will ensure there is a proactive approach to resident care. The position needs a strong leader with great attention to detail. Overseeing resident care, including accuracy of records with actual resident status, is an important part of this position. The Associate Director of Clinical Assessments also notifies Nurse Managers of lapses and omissions, responding as directed, and assists in auditing documentation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees completion of nursing assessments on all new, readmission’s and updates when significant changes occur and responds to MDS items per established P&P.
- Ensures RNAC staff make referrals to the physician for Rehab and Restorative programs as indicated after assessment of residents’ status.
- Reviews and audits care plans for timeliness, accuracy, quality and content of nursing notes.
- Audits physician certifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Audits to ensure RNAC’s review immediate needs care plans are identified and accurate on admission.
- Maintains timely MDS assessments by working in collaboration with therapy and reviews need for grace days.
- Educates the IDT on changes related to the MDS.
- Manages weekly Medicare meeting with IDT.
- Manages LOC tools for Medicaid admissions.
- Audits to ensure care plan emanating from the completed MDS and CAA’s is developed in a functional model and is strongly holistic.
- Attends in-services at a minimum of 12 contact hours annually
The Education/Experience Qualifications include:
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in MDS coordination.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college; and five years related experience and/or training as a MDS coordinator; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MDS certification preferred.
An interested candidate may email a letter of interest and resume to Megan Feiss, Employment Coordinator at mfeiss@masonicpathways by September 4, 2017.
Masonic Pathways is in need of a responsible, inspiring leader to take on the role as a Unit Manager on our Memory Care Unit. This position is a leadership role that upholds and promotes a person-centered care culture by assuring resident daily routines meet resident choice and previous lifestyle preferences.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing resident rounds, clinically assessing pain and comfort, changes in condition and assuring physician orders are being followed and medication schedules are appropriate.
- Providing oversight in assuring therapy and restorative goals are being followed through on unit(s) (e.g. walk to dine, ROM, therapeutic brace, positioning cushion, etc.). Works in coordination with Therapy and Unit Nurse for appropriate treatment and follow thru upon level of care changes.
- Assigning and oversees CNA III in making resident rounds to assure for proper dress, hygiene, grooming, positioning, hair care, oral care, nail care, glasses, hearing aids, privacy upheld, being treated with respect, getting care and assistance needed without having to wait a long time, and showers are completed when scheduled and needed.
- Monitoring call light response time and patterns for trends. Reinforces “all staff” response to call lights.
- Prepares the staff for arrival of a new resident and responsible for the welcoming and orientation of new resident to assigned unit(s).
- Reviews new resident on admission and assures that assessments and care plans are complete and accurate as per regulatory and facility standards, and that the assessment results are documented in the resident's medical record.
- Notifies guardian or next of kin of significant resident condition changes, incidents, appointments and bed hold consents.
- Perform staff rounds frequently on the unit. Responsible and accountable for maintaining and supervising the quality of 24 hour nursing care on the assigned unit(s)
Required training and experience to include:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and must possess and maintain a current, valid registered nurse license required by the State of Michigan.
- Two years of related experience.
- Prior experience in Geriatric nursing preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a leadership role.
$5,000.00 Recruitment Bonus for Registered Nurses
Masonic Pathways is offering a $5,000.00 recruitment bonus for full time Registered Nurses. Positions are available in our Assisted Breathing Unit, Long Term Care and Memory Care. Masonic Pathways offers competitive wages along with excellent benefits. It is our goal as an employer to meet the scheduling needs of our staff. To do this we offer 12 or 8 hours shifts in addition to SELF-SCHEDULING. The Registered Nurses responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Medical record documentation
- Provide care according to individual resident care plans
- Monitoring CNA personnel on the assigned unit
Required training to include graduation from an accredited school of nursing and must possess and maintain a current, valid RN license required by the State of Michigan.
$1,500.00 Recruitment Bonus for Certified Nursing Assistants
Masonic Pathways is offering a $1,500.00 recruitment bonus for full time Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA). Positions are available in our Assisted Breathing Unit, Long Term Care and Memory Care. Masonic Pathways offers competitive wages along with excellent benefits. It is our goal as an employer to meet the scheduling needs of our staff. To do this we offer 12 or 8 hours shifts in addition to SELF-SCHEDULING. The CNA responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing and maintaining quality resident care services to meet the needs of the residents.
- Responsible for complete and accurate daily documentation of resident services as outlined in nursing policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the provision of direct resident care as defined by nursing policy and procedures and outlined on individual residents plan of care.
A qualified applicant must possess and maintain a current, valid Nursing Certificate License required by the State of Michigan and Federal Government.
Contingent Respiratory Therapist (12 hour shifts)
We are currently seeking a contingent Respiratory Therapist for our expanding Assisted Breathing Unit. Job duties include but are not limited to communications with nurses and physicians about changes in patient condition, ability to perform respiratory therapy in all patient care areas, provide care and perform education on ventilator management, tracheostomy care, suctioning, and ventilator weaning. Must possess a current and valid Respiratory Therapist license issued by the State of Michigan is required
Contingent External Transporter
We are seeking a Contingent External Transporter for our Transportation department to provide transportation for our residents outside of Masonic Pathways. They will work on an as needed basis for various shifts. Specific duties include but are not limited to transporting residents to and from daily external appointments and activity trips at various locations by bus and maintaining the interior of the vehicle. A current CDL group C with Passenger endorsement and/or Chauffeur license is required.
Are you interested in Direct Care Giving As A Certified Nursing Assistant?
DOWNLOAD OUR CNA FLYER for details: